Best Home Buying Strategies
HOME BUYING STEPS
This is your checklist outlining the functions to be performed by your real estate team - your real estate agent, loan officer and title company - for a smooth and successful home purchase.
The steps indicate the role each team member of your "team" will take and the order in which each task is typically performed.
They are numbered for your convenience, however, some of these steps occur simultaneously.
All Team Members
Title / Closing Professional
Real Estate Agent
Loan Officer / Lender
1. Pre-qualification issued and loan programs discussed. (L)
2. Property viewed and selected. (A)
3. Offer prepared, signed by buyer then presented to seller's agent. (A)
4. Purchase Contract negotiated and ratified. (A)
5. Escrow opened. (T)
6. Full loan application taken. (L) Who Typically Pays Closing Costs?
7. Credit report ordered. (L)
8. Contract reviewed and contingency dates noted. (ALL)
9. Buyer delivers Earnest Money to title company via check or wired funds. (T)
10. Preliminary title report ordered. (T)
11. Home inspection ordered. (A)
12. Home appraisal ordered. (L)
13. Preliminary title report reviewed. (T)
14. Inspection reports reviewed and Buyer Inspection Notice (BINSR) prepared. (A)
15. Final loan documents accumulated for to submit for loan approval. (L)
16. Loan package submitted to loan underwriter. (L)
17. Loan approved. (L)
18. Appropriate title report items cleared. (T)
19. Preliminary settlement statement prepared and delivered. (T)
20. Signing appointment scheduled. (T)
21. Closing documents signed. (T)
22. Balance of funds needed to close are deposited by buyer. (T)
23. Signed loan documents sent to lender for approval. (T)
24. Funding package reviewed by loan underwriter. (L)
25. Loan funds wired to title company. (L)
26. New DEED recorded at the county courthouse. (T)
27. Closing is finalized and final closing statements issued. (T)
28. Parties are notified the closing is finalized. (A)
29. House keys are released to the new owner. (A)
30. Celebration! (ALL)
To have a smooth and successful home purchase, it's vitally important to have experienced professionals on your team. Seek out the BEST!
BUYING a home - Are you interested in buying a home in this community? Let Ward help you. Ward can set up an automatic alert to notify you as soon as any new listing comes on the market in this community that meets your exact wants and needs. It is free, easy and automatic. Simply contact Ward and let him know what you are looking for.
Real Estate Professional since 1984
Member of the RE/MAX Hall of Fame
36 years experience / Over 1,000 homes sold
CNC - Certified Negotiation Consultant
to contact Ward today.